Ekiti State University, Office of Research and Development (EKSUORD) was established to assist the University in improving on the perceived mandate of a typical Nigerian University (i.e. production of man-power) by redirecting the intellectual and technological resources within the University and using them to improve the overall social, economic, and industrial advancement of Ekiti State, Nigeria, and proudly exhibit and advertise potentials of research results within the University.
EKSUORD’s specific objectives are:
- to increase, improve and enhance EKSU staff and students participation in research and training.
- to identify internal and external sources of research funding and bring these to the notice of all members of staff
- to enhance the impact of researches carried out by EKSU staff and students, and integrate research and teaching
- to actualise the relevance of Ekiti State University to the economic and technological development of Ekiti Stae
- to enable the commercialisation of research findings and development outputs for the benefit of the researcher, the university, and the wider community.
Ekiti State University has been publishing journals at the Faculty and departmental levels, but there is no university based journal. As part of its mandate to periodically exhibit and advertise the potentials of research results within the University as well as promoting the dissemination of intellectual publications, EKSUORD announces the publication of a Science and Engineering based University journal *EKSU Journal of Science and Technology (EJST)*. The Journal which is an international academic journal provides a platform to natural, agricultural, environmental, medical scientists and engineers as well as technologists to share and expand the knowledge of scientific advancements in the myriad disciplines of science and engineering and applied aspects.
AIM AND FOCUS
The aims of NIITH are to:
- provide a standard journal for publications in the Humanities;
- publish research findings on current topical issues that are of interest to both public and private sectors locally and internationally
- create a forum for cross-ferlisation of ideas in the Arts, Education, the Social Sciences, Law, Management and other Humanities – based disciplines.
- publish high quality theoretical and empirical original research papers, case studies, review papers, literature reviews, book reviews, conceptual framework, analytical and simulation models, technical note from researchers, academicians, professional, practitioners and students in the humanities based discipline from all over the world.
The Journal shall be domicilled in the Ekiti State University Office of Research and Develoment (EKSUORD), Ekiti State University, Ado – Ekiti.